VOICES OF DIDSBURY (Art Competition)
Submit your artworks - Everyone is welcome!
Drawings, Paintings, Short Films, Photography, Poetry or Music - DAF2023 presents Voices of Didsbury – an art competition where we invite children, families, the local community and everyone in-between to become artists within the festival. No previous experience as an artist is necessary (although experienced/amateur artists are also welcome to enter). We're not looking for perfection here - quality will be judged on creativity and effort, whatever your age or ability.
FORMAT: You can submit your creative works as either:
- An Image (e.g. Photography or a high-resolution photo of your Painting/Drawing)
- A Video (e.g. a Short 3-minute Film)
- An Audio Recording (e.g. a Song or Poetry Reading).
Using a mobile phone will be the quickest and easiest way to capture your artwork in all of these formats - Image, Video and/or Audio.
THEME: This is where the 'Voices' theme of this year's Didsbury Arts Festival comes in... We want you to express your voice through your creative works! What message can you deliver? Whether it be fun or serious, please use your creativity to express something that you would like to say about "Our World - The Good, The Bad, The Happy, The Sad".
HOW TO ENTER: Please use one of the following methods:
- WhatsApp: Please send us your Image, Video or Audio Recording using WhatsApp to: 07587 360 415 ...Along with a message stating: *The Name of The Competition you are entering (e.g. Voices of Didsbury Competition Entry); *Your Name; *Your Age; *Your Address; *Your Telephone Number; *Your Email Address...
- Email: Please attach your Image, Video or Audio Recording to an Email (or if the file is too big, use WeTransfer or Share From Google Drive)... Then Email to: DAFcompetitions@gmail.com ... Along with a message stating: *The Name of The Competition you are entering in the Subject Line (e.g. Voices of Didsbury Competition Entry)... Then in the body section of your message, please provide the following info: *Your Name; *Your Age; *Your Address; *Your Telephone Number; *Your Email Address...
Important Note: If under 18, please get permission to apply from a parent or guardian, and provide their contact details with your entry.
The deadline for entries is 9am on Monday 19th June 2023, and a number of entrants will be selected to appear in our Voices of Didsbury Interactive Exhibitions to be held at The Gallery Next Door (West Didsbury) and displayed in the window of our high-street based sponsor, Julian Wadden (Didsbury Village).
Good Luck! #DAF2023. Together, Let's Get Creative!